I.Limited 3-year warranty
Scope Cycling (hereinafter referred to as “Scope”) provides its customers with a limited 3-year warranty on Scope products (hereinafter referred to as “products”) purchased at Scope or an official Scope dealer.
Scope warrants all new products to be free from manufacturing or material defects (hereinafter referred to as “defects”) during the first three years from the date the product was purchased by the consumer from Scope Cycling’s online shop or from a registered Scope Cycling dealer (hereinafter referred to as “warranty period”).
The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product and is not transferable.
Within 30 working days after the purchase, the consumer should register the product here in order to activate this warranty. Only defects identified and reported to Scope or a registered Scope Dealer within the above mentioned warranty period are valid.
This warranty is only valid in countries where the product was purchased, given that Scope has intended that the product is offered for sale in that country.
This warranty is complementary to and not limited to the statutory provisions of the country where the product was sold.
The warranty period will not be extended, renewed or otherwise affected due to subsequent resale, repair or replacement of the product, to the extent permitted by the statutory provisions.
Products or parts replaced under warranty by Scope or a registered Scope dealer, however, will be warranted for a new warranty period of three years.
II. Conditions and limitations
The warranty does not cover:
- Wear and tear parts: brake pads, rim tape, free hub, rim braking surface, pawls, springs, bearings and decoration.
- Damages caused by the mounting and assembly of parts which are not appropriate to the product.
- Damages caused by an inappropriate mounting or assembly of the product.
- Defects or damage caused by improper use or poor maintenance.
- Damages due to the modifications of the Product.
- Any impact caused by sharp items, due to torsion, compression, a fall, an abnormal impact or other actions not under reasonable control of Scope.
Warranty is void in case:
- The product has been modified or repaired by any person or entity other than Scope’s representative in the country concerned.
- The product has been repaired with unauthorized spare parts.
- The product serial number has been removed, deleted, altered or made illegible.
- Specific brake pads other than the Scope brake pads are used.
- The limited warranty does not apply to sponsored products.
III. Warranty enforcements
Scope or any registered Scope dealer will either repair the product or replace the product at no charge. For all warranty claims, the consumer should submit the product and the proof of purchase to Scope or the registered Scope dealer.
In order to allow us to service your product as quick and as good as possible, please remove all accessory items, including tires, tubes, rim tape, cassettes, skewers, computer magnets, etc. If you fail to remove these items, we are not responsible if they are lost or damaged, and have to charge you for removing them.
The cost for a potential shipment to the dealer or Scope and the associated transport insurance are at costs of the consumer.
IV. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
To the maximum extent allowed by local law, except for the obligations specifically set forth in this warranty statement, Scope or its third party supplies shall in no event be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including but not limited to, loss of anticipated benefits, loss of use, loss of revenue, cost of any substitute equipment or facilities, claims of third parties, damage to property resulting from the purchase or use of the product arising from the breach of the warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict tort or any legal or equitable theory, even if Scope knew of the likelihood of such damages.
Scope shall not be liable for any delay in the warranty service.